Lead Veterinary Technology Instructor - Distance Education
Platt College Los Angeles consists of four Southern California campuses located in Alhambra, Ontario, Riverside and Anaheim. Platt offers certificate and degree programs in several subject areas including school of graphic design, business and legal studies, medical sciences, and information technology. Since our opening in 1985, Platt College has been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth, and that students should have the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
At Platt College, our mission is to provide a balanced program of instruction for our students to help them acquire the specialized knowledge and skills they need to take advantage of exciting career opportunities in many of today’s in-demand fields. We at Platt College continuously update our offerings to best serve the needs of students and employers in today’s dynamic Southern California business environment.
- Platt College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
- A highly competitive pay and eligible employees are entitled to receive paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- Compensation Range: $ 70,000-80,000 /year DOE
The Lead Veterinary Technology provides collaborative leadership to faculty within the Veterinary Technology Program Department and serves as the liaison between department and campus faculty and college staff.
Note: Due to the nature of distance education, this position requires night and weekend shifts. This position reports to Anaheim campus, and regularly travels to the Alhambra campus and Agoura Hills clinical lab site.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of educational environments including needs of adult learners
- Ability to provide a positive and effective learning environment
- Knowledge and understanding of professional career paths for which students are enrolled
- Motivation, dedication and enthusiasm for teaching
- Good organizational and communication skills
Credentials and Experience:
- Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT-CA)
- Graduate of AVMA accredited institution with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree
- 5-7+ years of experience in the veterinary field
- Demonstrated record of success in maintaining requirements for AVMA accredited veterinary technology programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Platt College Los Angeles, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (including religious dress/grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), age, national origin, marital or registered domestic partnership status, veteran status or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, including genetic characteristics or genetic information, medical condition, ancestry, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or by local ordinance.