Community Outreach Liaison
Platt College Los Angeles consists of four Southern California campuses located in Alhambra, Ontario, Riverside and Anaheim. Platt offers certificate and degree programs in several subject areas including school of graphic design, business and legal studies, medical sciences, and information technology. Since our opening in 1985, Platt College has been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth, and that students should have the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
At Platt College, our mission is to provide a balanced program of instruction for our students to help them acquire the specialized knowledge and skills they need to take advantage of exciting career opportunities in many of today’s in-demand fields. We at Platt College continuously update our offerings to best serve the needs of students and employers in today’s dynamic Southern California business environment.
- Platt College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
- A highly competitive pay and eligible employees are entitled to receive paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- Compensation Range: $ 24.04-37.01 /hour
The Community Outreach/Relations Liaison is responsible for community outreach efforts for Platt College. The Liaison is responsible for building positive awareness of the institution and its academic programs within the high school, agency and tribal business communities/areas and promoting education opportunities for the students, constituents, and clients within these organizations. They are responsible for building and sustaining strong relationships with the leaders of these organizations as well as qualified prospective students. This position reports to the campus Director of Admissions and is held accountable to weekly, monthly and quarterly performance goals. Goals include, but are not limited to: prospect generation, community meetings, workshops and presentations, outreach calls, participating in career fairs and transfer days, creating opportunities for site visits and hosting on-campus events/activities to further promote positive relationships with the college.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to meet or exceed established goals in a competitive environment
- Proven skills in conducting analyses and interpreting related data
- Demonstrated experience in addressing problems, defining relevant issues, drawing sound conclusions, and making responsible recommendations
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; excellent phone presentation skills, excellent verbal and visual presentation skills
- Demonstrated project management experience in developing presentations, marketing and community outreach plans
- Ability to work independently, meet critical deadlines and targets and demonstrate excellent follow up skills
- Political sensitivity and ability to interact with diverse groups of individuals at all organizational levels
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize a heavy workload under pressure and competing assignments
Credentials and Experience:
- Associate Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three years of experience in higher education, sales/marketing, community or corporate relations/outreach or related areas
- Experience in generating new customer base, sales or similar experience
- Substantial experience in an academic environment, including exposure to and knowledge of enrollment and recruitment of students
- Experience in promoting education and training to a diverse base of individual decision makers at different levels in an organization
- Experience in promoting education and training to a diverse student base
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Platt College Los Angeles, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (including religious dress/grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), age, national origin, marital or registered domestic partnership status, veteran status or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, including genetic characteristics or genetic information, medical condition, ancestry, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or by local ordinance.