Receptionist - Full-Time
The receptionist's job includes answering and directing calls, greeting visitors, handling inquiries from the public, and providing information relating to the company. The receptionist also helps update information on the student database (CampusVue), administers tests to prospective students and completes special projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of modern office procedures including telephone communications, office system and record keeping
- Knowledge of modern business communications, including style and format of letters, minutes, and reports
- Personal Computer Software Skills – Microsoft 2007 – Word, Excel, Outlook; Google Mail; Internet Explorer
- Typing Ability (40+WPM preferred)
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and complete objectives with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve minor recurring problems
- Goal and production orientated
Credentials and Experience
- GED or High School Diploma Required
- 2 year degree in related field of secretarial/office administration preferred
- Related experience in an office environment preferred
About Platt College
Platt College Los Angeles consists of four Southern California campuses located in Alhambra, Ontario, Riverside and Anaheim. Platt offers certificate and degree programs in several subject areas including school of graphic design, business and legal studies, medical sciences, and information technology. Since our opening in 1985, Platt College has been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth, and that students should have the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
At Platt College, our mission is to provide a balanced program of instruction for our students to help them acquire the specialized knowledge and skills they need to take advantage of exciting career opportunities in many of today’s in-demand fields. We at Platt College continuously update our offerings to best serve the needs of students and employers in today’s dynamic Southern California business environment.
- Platt College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
- A highly competitive pay and eligible employees are entitled to receive paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Platt College Los Angeles, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (including religious dress/grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), age, national origin, marital or registered domestic partnership status, veteran status or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, including genetic characteristics or genetic information, medical condition, ancestry, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or by local ordinance.