Platt College Los Angeles consists of four Southern California campuses located in Alhambra, Ontario, Riverside and Anaheim. Platt offers certificate and degree programs in several subject areas including school of graphic design, business and legal studies, medical sciences, and information technology. Since our opening in 1985, Platt College has been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth, and that students should have the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
At Platt College, our mission is to provide a balanced program of instruction for our students to help them acquire the specialized knowledge and skills they need to take advantage of exciting career opportunities in many of today’s in-demand fields. We at Platt College continuously update our offerings to best serve the needs of students and employers in today’s dynamic Southern California business environment.
- Platt College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
- A highly competitive pay and eligible employees are entitled to receive paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- Compensation Range: $ 75,000 - 90,000 /year
The Dean is responsible for the overall operation of their respective units. The Dean is responsible for the delivery of educational programs and services through training faculty and staff, managing faculty and staff, monitoring and maintaining curricula, managing the delivery of educational services and overseeing and monitoring student performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of educational environments including student and faculty needs
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and manage multiple departments and personnel including students
- Ability to maintain the integrity of the curriculum
- Knowledge and understanding of professional career paths for which students are enrolled
- Motivation, dedication and enthusiasm for teaching
Credentials and Experience:
- 3-5 years direct experience as a manager or lead in an Academic setting
- Current and relevant experience in the following are required:
- Curriculum development
- Educational effectiveness assessment and improvement
- Faculty development
- Faculty performance appraisals
- Advanced degree (Master's degree minimum requirement)
- Strong administrative, management and leadership skills
- Good organizational and communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Platt College Los Angeles, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (including religious dress/grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), age, national origin, marital or registered domestic partnership status, veteran status or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, including genetic characteristics or genetic information, medical condition, ancestry, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or by local ordinance.
Internal Platt College Employees, please refer to the link below to apply for the position: http://intranet.plattcollege.edu/uploads/human_resources/policy/Internal%20Job%20Application_REV%2005192022.pdf