Student Services Advisor - Distance Education
Platt College Los Angeles consists of four Southern California campuses located in Alhambra, Ontario, Riverside and Anaheim. Platt offers certificate and degree programs in several subject areas including school of graphic design, business and legal studies, medical sciences, and information technology. Since our opening in 1985, Platt College has been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth, and that students should have the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
At Platt College, our mission is to provide a balanced program of instruction for our students to help them acquire the specialized knowledge and skills they need to take advantage of exciting career opportunities in many of today’s in-demand fields. We at Platt College continuously update our offerings to best serve the needs of students and employers in today’s dynamic Southern California business environment.
- Platt College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
- A highly competitive pay and eligible employees are entitled to receive paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
- Compensation Range: $ 20.00-24.00 /hour
The Distance Education Student Services Advisor assists distance education students in achieving their educational goals by assisting in the implementation of programs and activities that promote student success. This position also provides support to the Distance Education Academic Team of the College. It is the responsibility of the Distance Education Student Services Advisor to provide high quality customer service to all members of the Platt College community with energy and enthusiasm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced office environment
- Ability to plan projects, effectively juggle several projects at a time, work efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with detailed information including strong editing, research, organizational, and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Canvas, or similar Learning Management Software, CampusVue and Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Credentials and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required; Associate or Bachelor Degree Preferred
- Two to Four years of student service experience in a distance education college setting preferred
*Local candidates within a 45 mile commuting range of Alhambra
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Platt College Los Angeles, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (including religious dress/grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), age, national origin, marital or registered domestic partnership status, veteran status or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, including genetic characteristics or genetic information, medical condition, ancestry, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or by local ordinance.